PHI: Ninoy Aquino International Airport

Andrews Avenue, Manila, the Philippines

Today's short post is aimed to offer a glimpse of the only airport serving the capital city of the Philippines, specifically the relatively new Terminal 1 that underwent a major renovation in 2015. The airport is named after the late Senator Benigno "Ninoy" Aquino, Jr. who was assassinated at the airport in 1983.


The journey from The Mabuhay Manor to the airport took approximately 15 minutes. There was no traffic jam that morning.



The ceiling looks pretty nice, no?


My BFF and I had a speedy check-in process.
Even though there were a lot of people in the terminal building, many of them were still queueing to check-in when we went through the immigration control and security screening area. Thus, it only took us a few minutes to reach the transit area.


Business appeared to be very slow for the duty-free shop.

The Samsung TV wasn't turned on. What a letdown...

My BFF used the remaining coins to top up his iTunes account.
I heard that the renovation for the terminal cost about PHP 1.30 billion (~S$34.7 million), rounded off to three significant figures as what I've always told my students to do. :P

Fresh-looking carpets~

That'd be my very first time flying with EVA Air!

Just saying, I think I'll have the opportunity to fly with Gulf Air very soon. :P
Terminal 1 was originally built with a design capacity of 4.5 million passengers per year, but was expanded to accommodate 6 million passengers annually. At the point of writing, there are a total of four terminals at Ninoy Aquino International Airport.

Comments

Popular Posts

CAN: Toronto Downtown

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218