TWN: EVA Air BR225 (Economy)

TPE-SIN (4h 25m)
Boeing 777-300ER
ETD: 7.40am (GMT + 8) 
ETA: 12.05pm (GMT + 8)

Here's a follow-up to the story in the previous post on Taoyuan International Airport, which shall be the closing entry to this particular trip series. For those who've visited my food blog earlier, I'm sure you'd have noticed that my BFF and I actually managed to have the long-awaited Hello Kitty experience. So, what went wrong?


We dragged our feet away from the burst of pink that's Gate C3 to Gate C2, which features the history of aviation.


BR225 is a codeshare flight with Singapore Airlines (SQ) and Air India (AI).

I was ready to accept the fact that I wouldn't be seeing Hello Kitty and friends onboard. Afterall, the disclaimer note in the website does mention that the schedule may be changed without prior notice, so I thought that must be it. Lo and behold, I saw the EVA Air's Boeing 777-300ER with the "Shining Star" livery parked at the gate as I proceeded downstairs for boarding. There was apparently something wrong with the system that failed to indicate the Hello Kitty flight, thus the boarding passes printed for all passengers were the usual ones. Smile was pencilled on my face, and I was never more eager to fly home after an overseas trip. Haha!



I was humming in happiness to myself as I was queueing to board the aircraft.


What a happy sight! :)

I thought there'd be quite a number of children, but I was wrong. I only saw one kid around.


When I was checking out the contents of the seat pocket, a flight attendant came to distribute blankets.


Which Sanrio characters do you like best? :)

Once many passengers had settled down, the flight attendants offered welcome drinks and handed us the cutest menu booklets I've ever seen thus far.



I'd previously seen a cute welcome video from YouTube, but it wasn't shown that morning. Anyway, the safety video was quite fun to watch.



Here are a few photos of the views through the window from my seat, 61K.


Tigerair Taiwan is the sole Taiwan-based low-cost carrier.

See you, Taiwan! I want to visit Kaohsiung next time.
When the seat belt sign had been switched off, I requested for a deck of playing cards and a cup of Calpis to accompany my pre-meal snack from one of the flight attendants.



The Hello Kitty logo can be seen clearly against the white Calpis.
Do find out more about the breakfast here.

Main course #1: Braised Beef with Red Wine Sauce and Potatoes
Main course #2: Egg Fried Rice with Bacon and Vegetables

Don't forget to visit the lavatory, even if you don't feel the need to use it.



Tantalising bergamot grapefruit scent~

I brought one cup home as a memorabilia. :P

I spent the rest of the time exploring EVA Air's Star Gallery. The website boldly states that it's "the most advanced In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) system in the world". I beg to differ, but it's certainly not bad at all.


Fancy some souvenirs?


Malaysia's lush greenery~
It was raining when we departed from Taoyuan International Airport, and we were welcomed home by rain as well in Singapore.

There's a framed picture in the Business Class cabin.


Would you like to make a wild guess as to where I'll be going to next month? I'm going to add three more countries to My Visited World Map by the end of the year.

Comments

Popular Posts

CAN: Toronto Downtown

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218